Friday, August 1, 2008

Genetically Altered?

Hmm....

My mother was a workaholic. She adored being among the first generation of women who left their children with a babysitter and went out into the working world every day. She made a place for herself in an area that was predominantly male. She was a huge success.

My sister has done the same!

And yet, here I sit, in front of my computer. I perform most of the work that I do right from the comfort of my own sofa.

And yet, I know I am my mother's daughter! Number one, the physical characteristics that mark the two of us make me an uncanny look alike!

While I love my work, I'm not so sure I'd love it if I had to go out and work a nine-to-five every day!

So, what does that make me?

A colleague replied to my query in an email today:

"Gee, genetically altered?"

I leave it at that for this posting.

Searching the past for a better future!

Have a great weekend!!!
cbh

No comments: