Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday

Better late than never! [Or at least I always say so!]

I didn't get my Tombstone Tuesday entry in yesterday, due to spending a wonderful visit with my sister-in-law and 2 nieces and nephew! I hadn't seen my beautiful sister-in-law, Cheri, or the oldest niece, Lexi, in 9 years! And I had never met the 2 younger ones, Walter [my Dad's namesake] and Taylor [he being 7 and she almost 5]. Such is the problem when you live more than a thousand miles apart, and busy schedules keep you from getting together! And it was a lovely visit! [I introduced the kids to a button yo-yo, one of the pioneer toys I played with as a child, as did all of my children.]

And so, I humbly apologize for missing Tombstone Tuesday. And herewith submit my entry for the week.

This awesome tombstone is found in Chesterton, Indiana. The gent who located this marker was amazed at it, and couldn't understand what it symbolized. However, I am afraid I understand it all too well!

You think it's grotesque, you say?

Well, not if you understand it!

This depicts the poor creature who is obsessed with his Ham radio. Nearly gargoylesque [is that even a word?], he is hunched over his radio, with mic in hand.

One wonders if the Ham operator designed this tombstone? Or if his poor widow did!!! [I'd bet his widow did!]

Yep, you got it. I'm married to an avid Ham hound. I know the stance all too well! [Sorry dear! But it's the truth!]







No comments: