Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Night Challenge - Actually Done on Saturday!

Woo-hoo!!! I actually got to my blog reading early this week!

Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Challenge this week is to:

1] Identify three of your favorite genealogy blogs to nominate for the Family Tree 40 list, and fill out the nomination form for them.

2] Tell us which three you choose, and a reason why you chose it, in a blog post on your own blog, in comments to this post, or in a Note or comments to this post on Facebook.

That being said, Randy has asked us to not include Genea-Musings , his own excellent blog site, to the list. So, while I won't include it in my three, I do want my readers aware that Randy's blog is one that I never miss. He's informative, and his writing is easy and down-to-earth. Neither too technical, nor too simplistic. He has the "just right" factor down perfect! If you don't currently read his blog, I do encourage you to check it out!

Now for my three nominations:

1] EOGN [Eastman's Online Genealogical Newsletter]: Dick Eastman writes this newsletter. It's one that I have to place as number one on my list. It was also the very first genealogical newsletter I ever received!
Dick's EOGN arrives daily in your email box, with multiple posts each delivery. And it's FREE!!! He also has a subscription newsletter which contains all of the daily posts, PLUS articles that you won't find any place else! The subscription is a low, low cost amount, and I wouldn't miss it!!!
Dick covers technical issues and products, genealogy news and reviews, as well as video interviews and guest writers.
I warn you!!! You won't want to print out his numerous newsletters! One Plus Edition I was particularly interested in cost me over 70 pages of paper! Much easier to save it as a digital copy! Which can be done to pdf!
I highly recommend EOGN.

2] Footnote Maven: This delightful blog is educational, as well as wonderfully entertaining! The Footnote Maven's posts are always a pleasure to read, and are often a haven in a busy day!

3] Ancestry.com Blog: The good folks at Ancestry promise this at the their blog : "Here you will find informational, and sometimes fun, posts from the folks behind the scenes here at Ancestry. We hope you’ll notice just how passionate we are about family history and about the products we're building to help connect families over distance and time."
I can vouch that they don't let you down! They live up to every word!

And these are three of my favorites! But they're by far not all! I absolutely, positively enjoy about 30 genealogy blogs. And I wouldn't miss a single one of them!

Now, what's your favorites???

No comments: