Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Epitaph

Graveyard Rabbit issued a challenge for November's carnival, and it was a bit morbid for my taste. The challenge was to write our own epitaph! November 2nd is "Plan Your Epitaph Day", an international observance created by Lance Hardie, to coincide with All Saint's Day (a.k.a. Day of the Dead).

The submitted epitaph doesn't have to be in until October 25th, but this isn't one I relish, so I wanted to get it out of the way!!! So, the challenge states: "...write your own epitaph. What would you like to see on your gravestone? How would you like people to remember you? Create your epitaph, post it to your blog, and submit it to the carnival."

With that said, here goes....[shiver, shiver, shrug, shrug...I think a rabbit ran over my grave! Brrr!]

How would I like people to remember me?

I would like people to remember my best attributes. Bury my faults. And ressurect my love for researching our family history!

My intention is to be cremated, as is also my husband's wish, and our ashes scattered; with a simple stone in our family cemetery to commemorate our lives. Mine would read:

Cyndi Beane Henry
1959 - ????

A life that went way too fast
Old as dirt when she passed
Dug up info on family long gone
Now she’s with them in their heavenly home
Do not wail, nor mourn, nor weep
She's not gone, she's just asleep

1 comment:

Julie said...

Very creative! Love it!