Sunday, November 29, 2009

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - November 27, 2009

This was probably one of the most fun SNGF challenges from Randy in some time!

On Randy Weaver's GeneaMusings tonight, Randy challenged us with the following:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to find which celebrities that have the same facial features that you (or someone else you choose) have. Here are the directions:

1) Go to www.MyHeritage.com - you don't have to be a registered member to use this feature. Click on the "Celebrities and Fun" tab.

2) Click on the "Celebrity Collage" tab, and then on the "Create my Collage" button.

3) Upload a photograph with your face (or another person's face) to the site (the face must be at least 100 x 100 pixels) and click on the "Run face recognition" button.

4) Select a collage template, and the faces (up to 8) to go into the collage template. Click on "Next" and "Preview" your template, which should bring up the template for you to review. You could click on "Save" and it would go off to your selected social networking site.

5) Figure out how to show your collage on your blog or social network site (I have my own process defined below).

6) Tell us which celebrities that you (or your selected person) look alike - write your own blog post, make a comment to this post or on Facebook.

7) Think about how you could use something like this as a Christmas gift.



With that in mind, my celebrity collage is pictured below! [Incidentally Randy, the directions for posting the collage directly to your own personal blog are listed on the site after making your collage!]


With a 61% match is actor Kelsey Grammer and also at 61% actor Wayne Knight.

At 58% is actress/ comedian Whoopi Goldberg.

At 56% is French-born actor Alain Delon [known as the contemporary of American actor James Dean.]

Also at 56% is actor Robert Duvall.

At 55% is actor Samuel L. Jackson.

Also at 55% is the late Austrian/American composer, Arnold Schoenberg.

And at 54% is ex-Beatle drummer, Ringo Starr.

As for how I could use this for Christmas gifts?
1: Mount it poster-paper and place on a hay bale for targets for my archery shooting family members.

2: Mount on a poster with a bullseye superimposed for my dart-throwing family members.

3: Print it out with glow-in-the-dark ink and threaten to hang it in the teenagers bedrooms if they don't get their homework done!

4: Give it to everyone in my family that I DON'T really want to buy something nice for!

As for the collage itself....
Hmmm....wonder if this says anything about my femininity? Should I feel less so because I have been matched to only one female?

Randy, I'm not sure, but you may have caused me to develop a complex from this! Perhaps I should call my therapist first thing in the morning!

Darn...I'll never get to sleep now!



Good night all!!!

No comments: