Sunday, January 31, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Come Sunday Morning

Okay, so I've done it yet again! Another SNGF challenge that I don't get to respond to until Sunday morning.

Here's Randy's challenge from last night:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Open your genealogy software or family tree program of choice and make yourself the highlighted person.

2) Find out how to create a Calendar to show birthdays and/or anniversaries of yourself and all of your ancestors (or all relatives, or all persons - your choice!). The "Help" button is your friend here!!! It can be done in all of the current software programs.

3) Create your calendar. Pretty it up if you want. Save it. Can you show us a page from your calendar - say January 2010?

4) Which of your ancestors (or relatives, or descendants - your choice!), if any, were born on 30 January?

Have fun with this. How can you use this information during the coming year?

I know that this is more work than you're normally used to on Saturday Night, but it is a great way to use your genealogy program
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, here's my results from playing with this cool tool in FTM [which I didn't even know it could do!!! Thanks Randy!]

And for #4, who was born on January 30th?

Lavonna Beane Smarr; Elizabeth Carithers Saye; Gustavus Clements; and Alan D. Fairburn.

Randy, I've got to say, this has been the most fun I've had on a SNGF challenge is quite some time! And it taught me something about my program that I didn't even know about it! So, many thanks for this wonderful challenge! And keep them coming!!!

No comments: