Friday, September 17, 2010

Follow Friday

Today I'd like to share with you a great book I just finished reading.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately regarding biographical studies on various individuals of history. One of my all-time favorite individuals is General Robert E. Lee.

This particular book was received from Tyndale Publishing and is in "The Generals" series. It is titled simply "Lee: A Life of Virtue" and is written by John Perry, published 2010.

I am enamored with Robert E. Lee. The man was a Virginian first and foremost. An American second. Always putting the welfare of his country first. The Civil War nearly broke his tender heart, his worries causing him to prematurely gray.

A sound belief in his God, and a firm love for his family kept him grounded and his roots firm in the Virginia soil.

Tragedy and heartabhe seemed to follow this family. But they perservered.

Want to get a rare view into the life of some of your favorite historical persons? With the cooler months of fall and winter coming at us, now is the perfect time to curl up next to the fireplace and enjoy reading about them.

That's my plan!

No comments: