Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday's Mentions...

Is anyone else watching the reruns of Who Do You Think You Are?

I was simply amazed that the reruns would hold me interested as much as watching the original airings! It was like I was still mesmerized!

On this past Friday, there was a re-airing of the episode of Brooke Shields.


It was a poignant episode. One in which you see the real feelings this woman gained for her grandmother, whom she had always resented for having treated her mother a bit harshly. She learns of the hardships, and the heartaches, that her grandmother went through as a young girl. And it truly touched Brooke's heart when she learned of these things.

I know that my own emotions mirror those that she reflected in the episode when I learn of some tragedy in my own family.

There was a particularly sad case when I found out that a cousin's wife was lost during a tornado back in the 1910's. The woman was missing for 4 days. When they found her, she was at the bottom of a well. She was 9-months pregnant. I know the sad emotions that come over you, as you grieve for that lost life! Even though, when I learned of it, the event had happened more than 90 years before!!!

I look forward to the new season of WDYTYA. If you haven't seen the show, you can always go here to watch any episodes you may have missed, or to watch all of them again!!!

Happy hunting on the genealogy trail this week!

No comments: