Friday, December 10, 2010

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories: December 10 - Christmas Gifts

DECEMBER 10 - CHRISTMAS GIFTS

What were your favorite gifts, both to receive and to give? Are there specific gift-giving traditions among your family or ancestors?

I can't think of any specific traditions in my family or ancestor's gift-giving.

My favorite gifts received???

Well, I have always been partial to something that someone made with their own hands, especially for me. A sweater, a scarf, slippers, a cap, etc. These are things I know they had to stop and consider me personally for. ANd they are things in which they actually put something of themselves into. Who could NOT love those kinds of gifts?

With that in mind, those are also the kinds of gifts I love to give. Something I put together using my own two hands. Whether that's a loaf of nut bread, or knit socks, or a crocheted afghan. I feel like when I have made it myself, I have truly given from the heart!


This post is a part of the "Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories" meme created in 2007 by Thomas and Jasia. You, too, can write your own Christmas memories, either for your personal journal or blog. Visit Geneabloggers to participate and to read others' posts on these topics.

No comments: