Saturday, May 28, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week # 22 Secrets

Week 22. Secrets. Describe something about yourself that won’t be found on any record 100 years from now.


I really had to think about this one for a bit! My life has pretty much been an open book thusfar, so what is something that won't be found in 100 years about me?

About 18-months ago, I went from having a head full of rich, chestnut colored hair, to being totally gray. [Some individuals actually thought it was a dye job gone awry at first!]

Truth is, in 1997, at 38, I was diagnosed with oat-cell cancer in the lungs. While I did not lose all of my hair during treatment, it did turn totally gray almost overnight. And finally to what I have know, almost all white! And yes, I am in my early 50's now, and have pretty much aged into my hair, so that it suits me now. And I wear my gray and white hair as badge of honor. I survived cancer!

Please note... I never smoked in my life. But my Dad and my first husband were both very incosniderate smokers, and I was always bombarded with second-hand smoke. If you MUST smoke, please do so courteously!

But will anyone know in 100 years how early in life I went to this "geritol" hair?

I sincerely doubt it. That is unless I properly archive this weeks assignment!

Only time will tell!

[52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.]

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wonderful! I'm glad you shared this for prosperity.