Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sentimental Sunday - All Those Orphan Photos

I am sure I am not alone when I say I collect the photographs of my family. I have, literally, thousands. And, of course, along the way, there have been those photographs which were unidentifiable. Oh, they came from numerous sources. They were, perhaps, found in a box of grandmother's old photographs; or Uncle's tobacco box after he passed away; or tucked in some distant cousins Bible.

I cannot bear to part with any of them, thinking that perhaps one day I will find the identity of these individuals. And so, for the next few weeks, I will be posting some of this collection on Sentimental Sunday's. I can't think of a more appropriate title!

3 comments:

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Yes! Hang on to those photos!! Yesterday, because a previously unknown cousin found my blog, I was sent a photo of all my paternal great, great grandfather's children. As soon as I saw it, I recognized all the people as those in MY photo of unidentified family members. Our photos were taken on the same day, but different. All the clothing was the same. Her photo identified all these people for me and I was looking at a picture of my great grandfather and his siblings. I do not have any other pictures of him and I was so elated to find that a picture I've had all this time had him in it. Now I have two pictures of him (and his six siblings), plus a wonderful new cousin! I was, and still am, doing the happy dance!

Lori H said...

I can certainly empathize with you about this problem. I have some truly beautiful old portraits and I have no way now of identifying the people in them. It breaks my heart! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

Bryna O'Sullivan said...

Don't forget to post a link to your blog on your family's message board on Rootsweb/Genforum. People love to look there for photos. I've stumbled across a few that way myself.
Loved the post!