Friday, August 24, 2012

Durham Records Online

Okay, so I have no idea how long this site has been up, but it is absolutely fantastic!
England's County Durham has parish baptism, burial and marriage records in a searchable index at Durham Records Online. Pretty cool huh?

That is nothing! For a small credit fee [$6.15 for 4 credits], you can get the info you need off the record, and provide parents and spouses names for your files! Each record is only 1 credit.

Okay, I've wasted way more than $1.54 a record on ordering information, just to find out I'd been off on a wild goose chase! This gives you the information you want to find out, and then you can order a copy of the actual record should it prove to be a fruitful lead.

I just spent $18.45 on a client. And you know what? It's the best money I've ever spent doing research [other than those pesky quarters for the copy machines!] In spending this money, I was able to provide proof of heritage, provide baptism dates and marriage dates on 9 [count them NINE!] ancestors, in one fell swoop. Yep, that meant that 3 records I looked into were not for the persons I needed. So, what did I lose? $4.62. Way, way, way less than ordering copies of records at $30-$100 a pop, and THEN finding out I got the wrong ones, or they were not related to my research at all!

Guess you can tell, I am thrilled with Durham Records Online, huh?

And they accept major credit cards, as well as PayPal, gotta love that!

So, if you have any research that needs to be done in Durham, England, just take a quick hop on over to Durham Records Online. And if you're not in need right now, be sure to bookmark the site for later use! It's a great way to find out some of that information that's a whole ocean away.

No comments: