Sunday, September 30, 2012

SNGF - Come Sunday Morning

Okay... so I went to the theatre last evening, and I missed the Saturday Night Genealogy Fun with Randy Seaver over at GeneaMusings. Not to be outdone... I'm providing my SNGF on Sunday morning!

Here's this weeks challenge:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!

2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.

3) Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this blog post, or in a Status line on Facebook or in your Stream at Google Plus.

4) If you have done this before, please do your father's matrilineal line, or your grandfather's matrilineal line, or your spouse's matrilineal line.

5) Does this list spur you to find distant cousins that might share one of your matrilineal lines? 

1] I cannot remember if I have done a matrilineal line here on this blog or not. So, let's do one.

a) Cynthia Beane

b) Lois Velleda Dreher

c) Irene Caroline Banet [1906 Indiana - 1989 West Virginia] married Henry C. Dreher, Jr.

d) Adeline Josephine Eve [1867 Indiana - 1958 Indiana] married Francis Isidore Banet

e) Annette DuBois [1840 Indiana - 1870 Indiana] married Joseph Eve

f) Magdelena Houin [b. 1821 France - d. Indiana] married Nicolas DuBois



2] I have not had my mitochondrial DNA tested.

This is always fun to look at! Thanks Randy, for another great challenge!

No comments: