Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - Nicholas DuBois

Below is a snapshot of my gr-gr-gr-grandfather's tombstone.
NICHOLAS DUBOIS
Born in France
Nov. 18, 1808
Died Apr. 17, 1893
 

Nicholas DuBois was born  in France. Just where, I have been unable to ascertain at this point. He arrived in this country on 05 Jun 1832 aboard the Brig Larpool. He left France and boarded the Brig Larpool in Liverpool, landing in New York.

From there, he managed to make his way westward to Indiana. Where about 1838/1839 he met and married another French immigrant, Magdelena HOUN. [b. 1821, Fr.]

I know the couple had at least 3 children, and most likely more.

Nicholas, Magdelena and two of the children are found on the 1880 Census. Nicholas is then in his 70's.

Other than his tombstone, and his daughter Anna's death certificate, I have been unable to find records for this couple. [It is through Anna that I am descended.]

No comments: