Friday, October 11, 2013

Follow Friday - Cyndi's List

Back when I first began genealogy on the computer, Cyndi Howell's Cyndi's List was one of the many sites recommended to me. And today I still consider it the first spot to look at when I'm not sure where to look for a source.

According to the website,...

"What exactly is Cyndi's List?
  • A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet.
  • A list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
  • free jumping-off point for you to use in your online research.
  • A "card catalog" to the genealogical collection in the immense library that is the Internet.
  • Your genealogical research portal onto the Internet."
Testimonies run rampant when I ask users what they think of Cyndi's List . All good! I've never had a single person tell me anything negative about the site, or its administrator, Cyndi Howell.  The site has been tested [a time or two more than any site, or administrator, should ever have to be tested!] and it has weathered the storms and come out on top. Proving it is a staple in so many researchers toolbox!
 
I can't recommend Cyndi's List enough, or give it high enough praise. It truly is a tool that any genealogical researcher does not want to be without!
 
I give Cyndi's List ....
 
...Five Stars and....
 
 
...a Big Thumbs Up!
 

No comments: