Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - Wiseman Cemetery

I don't have a tombstone to show you today.  I'm not even sure if one has been placed on the grave or not. You see I haven't been able to get there to visit the site yet. I do hope so before much longer. It's a full days drive to get there, but I so want to make the trip!

The grave I would like to visit is that of my dear aunt, Ethel Marie Dreher McCutchen.

Ethel Marie Dreher McCutchen
1924-2012


Born on 25 Oct 1924, she was the eldest child of Henry C. Dreher (1902-1977) and Irene Banet Dreher (1906-1989).

She married Paul McCutchen (1922-1998) on 22 Feb 1947. The couple had two sons, Kent and Daryl.

She was a nurse for many years, and ended her career as an activities director with a nursing facility for the elderly.

She had a gifted green thumb and grew the most fabulous gardens in her later years.

I will always remember her fondly, as she never treated me as a child when I was growing up. She always treated me as a grownup, even when I was quite young! And when in her presence, she made me feel as though I really mattered to her.

She passed away on 08 April 2012. And is buried in Wiseman's Cemetery, Leavenworth, Crawford County, Indiana.


No comments: