Monday, April 10, 2017

Madness Monday


MADNESS MONDAY

Well it's been a VERY LONG WEEK. And yet, the week has only begun! As I write this, we are in the wee small hours of the morning, and I have to be up in a few short hours and head off to work.

I usually set up my Mountain Genealogy posts a week in advance, so that I can sit back and not have to post them myself, merely let the blog post them at the time I pre-set it to. However, this past week, I was in bed with influenza Type A. It's a nasty bug. Leaves you sick at your stomach, and yet I couldn't throw up. (Wish I had, I probably would have felt better!) Even ginger ale made me sick. Yeck. The only thing that didn't turn my stomach into a raging cauldron was of all things, farina (Cream of Wheat to those of you who don't buy generics!)  Or plain Ramen noodles. (No seasoning pack added.)

As I finished up tonight's dinner dishes, very late, because I fell asleep in my recliner before getting them done), I realized I had not written a single post for this week! So, here I am, at the last minute trying to get them done for the upcoming week.

I want to thank everyone who has expressed their kindness when reading my droll little tales of my family ancestry. I rather find the stories of my ancestry quite interesting. And I try to put them out there for posterity. I feel like, 'If I don't tell the stories, then who will?' I would like to think one of my five children would be bitten by the genealogy bug, but not so far. So, for the sake my grandchildren and future great-grandchildren, they will find them here, and at our local historical society, who will receive all of my files when I leave this earth.

So, while you are, perhaps, snug in your beds and dreaming of whatever it is you are dreaming of tonight, I will scampering here at the last minute, getting this week's blog posts out there for you!

Here's wishing you all sweet dreams and a happy tomorrow!

No comments: