Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sibling Saturday

I thought I would show you a photo of me and my siblings, and our parents for this Sibling Saturday.
Front row, left to right: David Lawrence Beane, Walter M. Beane, Lois V. Dreher Beane, Jeffrey Scott Beane.

Back row, left to right: me, and my sister, Velleda "Eydie" K. Beane.

This photo was taken in 1977, just a couple of weeks before I left for Texas. I was moving to be with my husband, who was in the Army.

I love this photograph. My parents are so young here. (They were only in their 30's.) When I remember my Mother (1938-2015) this is how I remember her. She was always such a pretty woman.

I am the eldest of the four of us siblings. Then my sister, then David, and the baby is Jeff. (I think they were like 8 and 6 at the time. And Eydie would have been 15.

The photograph was taken at the only local photographer's. He still used glass plates that he left in the sun to develop photographs! He hand colored the large photograph, but all of the smaller ones were in black and white. I can remember being so fascinated by the process.

So there you have us for Sibling Saturday. And now you know what we looked like as family when I was a teen!

No comments: